Friday, September 6, 2013

SOMETHING DIFFERENT

These past few months my schedule has consisted of me doing a crazy amount of beading. Right now    I'm not in a big hurry to get back to the bead table. My wrist and arm still ache and I've been looking for an excuse to try my hand at a mosaic. So I'm working on something I've been planning for years. My pile of old cracked mirrors, broken dishes and tiles from the last kitchen counter top are finally getting used. It's a blast to work on something big that comes together quickly! Thin set is holding all the pieces in place. Now I have to grout. I'm nervous, I don't want to mess it up...

4 comments:

  1. Have fun Kate and take good care of that arm!!! So many more beautiful beaded pictures for you to create are waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes, I was afraid that the black grout was NOT going to come off the terra-cotta. All is well though, the big sponge and green pad did the job.Tomorrow I'll use the gray grout for the vase and sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, you are funny!! I can't imagine that this piece would turn out any way but how you planned. This will be another media you have conquered. The project looks pretty big. How will you display it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be part of a new wall to block the wind in our yard.

      Delete